Monday 21 February 2011

Spring is Coming!


Well to be honest with you I'm still finding it hard to run/train call it what you like….just so busy at the moment, what with the new job role, work being done at home, children ever busy with bits and bobs, party’s here there and everywhere! And that’s all before spending some quality time with Feralyn, we did manage to go out last week to an underground restaurant, (someone’s house who you then make a donation to)! Fab food, but I was driving!
So as far as the running is concerned I'm doing ok, haven’t been out as much as I would of liked in the week, with the Fartlek training sessions and hill runs, but as I live in quite a hilly area I'm not beating myself up so much about that!
I have still been keeping up with my long runs, at this point last year, I was preparing for the Tunbridge Wells half marathon, which is this coming Sunday and which I am doing again! That was my longest run to date.
I have already this year, knocked in 2 x 17-18milers in a not too shabby 2.35hrs, I have been doing one long route then adding a quick 3 miler at the end….and although I do feel a bit stiff, its not been too bad. Energy levels are good, and manage to do a recovery run the day after.
Its been lovely to see the spring coming along, Daffs are going to be out nxt week!
As I said next weekend is the Tunbridge wells half, last year I did this in 1.51hrs, so I am expecting at the very least 1.4something we shall see!
A friend of ours is running for the 1st time as well this year, and we are all meeting for lunch after…a running buffet!

Thank you for all the donations which have come in.
I have had another raffle prize kindly donated by Gisela Graham Ltd. is one of Europe’s leading design companies for seasonal decorations and gifts.
They have donated £600.00 pounds of goods which you may go to the showroom in London and choose away. Which is fantastic and Aladdin’s cave of decorations and gifts!
Thank you Michael!

So just to recap why am I running!
Pepenbury Community - residential and day care services for adults with learning disabilities. This includes a community of 70 people on the edge of Tunbridge Wells, in the unspoiled countryside of the Weald at Pembury as well as serving others in the West Kent area.

The actual project I will be supporting will be updating the coffee shop/seating area and garden centre/nursery area, so the residents who run and work there can better interact with the general public, and gain confidence with the outside world as such, then hopefully give them the interpersonal qualities needed to be self sufficient living in the community.
This week I have 3 or 4 runs various distances and finishing off with the Tunbridge wells half on Sunday!
Then the following week I am ramping it up to 20 odd miles!

Wish me Luck and thank you for your continued support

No comments:

Post a Comment